Monday, April 09, 2007

A belated Happy Easter to you! This is the Easter banner that I have been working on recently for church and managed to finish last week in plenty of time. I became very frustrated with my sewing machine and had to abandon using it by Monday last week as it needed a new lever to raise the presser foot - fortunately it was fixed on Wednesday - now it's a pleasure to use again.


I have had a lovely weekend - the family have all been away and I have been able to experiment and sew as much as I wanted to - nothing to show here as yet as I have been preparing some ATCs for an exchange and will post them during May once they have been received. Just let me say that they linked to my Module 2 texture work - silk painting and texture rubbings and I am quite pleased with the results.

Today a friend and I went up to the Living Crafts Show at Belvoir Castle in Leicestershire - the weather was great and we really enjoyed our visit. It was nice to see some different crafts on display, other than textiles and to enjoy a falconry display - we missed the ferret racing! There were lots of jewellry stalls which were very tempting - I did buy one pair of stud earrings and a pair of sandals in very soft, red nubuck leather.

No comments: