Thursday, September 14, 2006

I have recently completed the Level 2 City and Guilds course in Creative Hand Embroidery - this was done at a local centre and was really fun to do. It was a lot of hard work with many new tasks to be completed each week but I made some new friends and learnt a lot of new things along the way. At the end of the course we had to submit 10 experimental samples and 2 projects for assessment accompanied by lots of paperwork. So here are the photos of my 2 projects -

The first was a wall hanging based on my mothers garden - this was mainly done using the sewing machine.


The second project was a backpack that could be converted into a shoulder bag - all of the stitching on the panel was done by hand.


I must be completely mad because I have now started doing Level 3 by Distance Learning - will post some of my work as I complete it in the next few weeks and months.

No comments: